Treatments & Fees
At Acutherapy & Herbal Clinic, we recognize that the needs of each client are highly individualized, and that no two clients ever share the same history, diagnosis, or personalized needs. Our staff will work with you to clearly identify the specific factors that may be inhibiting your fertility and then work to correct them so that pregnancy can occur naturally. Whether you are trying to get pregnant naturally, or you are using procedures like IUI and IVF, our reproductive acupuncture experts look forward to meeting with you to see whether our programs can help to make a difference for you and your future family.
Our service as following:
Initial visit (30 minutes)
(* Free consultation )
- Review all lab-tests reports ( hormones, sperm-test and medical history and diagnosis if possible )
- Case assessment, and suggestion of treatment
- Set up individual treatment plan
- Complete the general information form (BBT Chart if needed)
(Our practitioners have rich experience in both Western and Eastern Medicine. We will explain to you in simple way for you to understand what/how we can help with your situation, and give you the option best for you.)
Naturally conceive treatment (for female)
After initial consultation, you will get our suggestion of either 3 cycles or 6 cycles treatment plan which is best for you. Four acupuncture treatments are provided usually in each cycle. The purpose is to stimulate recruitment of ovarian follicles, boost the follicle for dominance, and improve the reproductive system blood circulation, in order to maximize the chances to conception and implantation.
Three cycles treatment plan suitable for…
- 35 years old or younger, try natural pregnancy for less than 12 months.
- Hormone level normal, no congenital and structural abnormalities.
- Normal sperm test for partner/husband.
Back to top
Six cycles treatment plan suitable for…
- 35 years old or older, try natural pregnancy for over 12 months.
- Unsuccessful cases of IVF, IUI.
- Recurrent miscarriage.
- High FSH or other hormone abnormality.
IVF or IUI support
Generally speaking, this group has probably already tried to conceive naturally for some time before setting up IVF or IUI plan. They may also have some medical issues. For this group who plan or are using IVF/IUI, we offer three types of support services.
- Preparation before IVF/IUI (3 months)
This plan starts 3 months or more before the IVF/IUI cycle, we use this time to help clients get into the best overall health possible in order to maximize the chance for a successful cycle. During this preparation, we provide acupuncture (may add some herbals) to improve quality of follicles (eggs), increase blood flow to reproductive organs (uterus and ovaries), and eliminate any existing menstrual symptoms like PMS, cramping, hot flush, and bloating.
We strongly recommend three months of treatment prior to transfer because new follicles go through a 90-120 day follicular development period before they are released for fertilization. At the same time, clients still have the opportunity to get a natural pregnancy. “Miracle” often happens in this group because they don’t expect they can get natural conception for some reasons.
Acupuncture (may add herbals) is provided for once a week for 3 months (similar to 3 cycle’s plan for natural conceive).
The clients with following situation/condition are suitable for 3 months plan.
- Age of 35 years old or older
- High FSH level
- IVF unsuccessful cases
- Less than 3 months preparation before IVF/IUI
Rather than focusing on correcting underlying factors that may impede the fertility process, we use acupuncture to help prepare the body for the best possible result in a relatively short period of time.
This treatment is ideal for those clients who are 35 years old or younger, in good health with no obvious medical problems.
The purpose is to:
- Improve blood circulation in the uterus and ovaries to boost receptivity to stimulation
- Thicken uterine lining to encourage implantation
- Decrease uterine cramping to encourage implantation and reduce miscarriage.
- Decrease cortisol and relieve stress levels to improve the outcomes of western treatment
- Pre and post transfer treatment
Treatment with acupuncture before and after embryo transfer has been demonstrated by the meta-analysis published recently in the British Journal of Medicine to improve IVF success rates by 65%, continued pregnancy rates by 82% and improve live birth rates by 91%.
During pre and post treatments, clients receive an acupuncture treatment before and after their embryo transfer or IUI. At our clinic, clients come to us before and after embryo transfer. We open our clinic any day including weekend and holidays for clients’ transfer schedule needed if they are our regular clients. Also, we would always fit in the special transfer schedules even though it is fully booked on that day.
The aim of this treatment is to relax the client (less stress produces higher pregnancy rates), improve blood flow to the uterus to promote higher implantation rates, decrease uterus spasms and cramping to improve implantation rates, and decrease the incidence of miscarriage.
First trimester care
When you find “positive” at your pregnancy test, Congratulations! Whether or not you should continue acupuncture treatment depending on your situation. We strongly suggest that you should take some treatments if you have one or more of following situations.
- History of miscarriage or recurrent miscarriage
- High stress level, and feel like helpful with acupuncture treatment
- Symptoms of pregnancy like morning sickness, nausea, fatigue or other symptoms
Warming up before delivery
We provide acupuncture treatment before delivery. The best time to get acupuncture is 1-2 weeks before the expected due date. The benefit is
- Help the baby to engage in labor
- Start to ripen the cervix, relax muscles and tendons and calm the mind
- Stimulate uterus muscles movement before/on expected due date
- Relieve some pains and stress
Sperm improvement support (for male)
In an initial visit with one of our practitioners, we will review your health history, a physical exam, and a semen analysis. After the evaluation, every man is given an individualized plan for treatment that may include weekly acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and even supplements for his needs.
TCM and acupuncture has been a successful reproductive therapy for thousands of years. In the case of male fertility, acupuncture and herbs have been able to increase motility and count, improve morphology, and eliminate infections, as well as Erectile Dysfunction. Our practitioners are well-versed in reproductive medicine and have experience working with hundreds of families. We are happy to answer questions and concerns and can even provide referrals for medical evaluations.
We strongly suggest that the male clients should take combination treatment for 3 months which is minimum time for sperm regeneration.
( Effective on January 1st, 2014 )
Fees are in Canadian Funds
- Initial consultation: $30 (30 minutes)
(* Free Consultation: Starting on December 4th, 2015, our clinic will offer free consultations to couples who are trying to conceive, are preparing for IVF, or have tried IVF without success. We will make an assessment of your case, answer your questions, and provide information that can guide you to get the timing right as well as information about diet and exercises that help conception. The free consultation time will be between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm every Friday. To book a free 30-minute consultation, please call 604-733-3358 )
- Follow-up acupuncture – $80 (50-80 minutes)
- 12 acupuncture treatment package – $800 (discounted $160)
- Super discounted package-$1000 for 16 visits ( as low as $62.50 per visit) [ *Please note that we will refund the cost equivalent to the unused number of treatments should you conceive if you purchase a package with us.]
- Chinese herbal medicine – $30-35 per 1 liter bottle for a week (Or $10-15 per a raw herbal pack for 2 days)
No extra charge for the treatment before and after Embryo Transfer at our office on Sundays or Holidays if you are our regular clients, but the schedule needs to be set up in advance.
Payment methods: Cash; Cheque; Debit, Visa and MasterCard.